Here are the rules:
1. Post the rules.
2. Answer the questions given to you by the tagger.
3. Post 11 questions of your own.
4. Tag 11 people
I was tagged by @nitrateglow (thanks!).
1. What’s one of my most cherished childhood memories?:
One of my most cherished childhood memories would be my elementary school leaving ceremony. The ceremony was unremarkable, but I have very fond memories of the after party. My friends and I had a fun time predicting what middle/high school would be like (we didn’t have the most realistic view of adolescence). I kind of miss that innocence.
2. Name a movie I didn’t think I’d enjoy, but did?:
I was really reluctant to watch Don’t Look Now when I first heard about it. I thought it sounded really cliched. It quickly became my favorite horror movie when I finally watched it. I still haven’t seen a horror movie as original, as different, or more importantly, as scary to this day,
3. Do I believe dreams have meanings? If so, do I like to interpret my dreams?:
Absolutely. I believe that dreams are your mind’s attempt at communication. I used to interpret my dreams all the time when I was a teenager, but I haven’t done it in years. I’ve considered keeping a dream journal many times, but never got around to it.
4. What is my favorite animal?:
I’m not a big animal person, but I love dogs and birds.
5. Name a book, short story, poem, or essay I was assigned to read in school that I actually loved:
I read John Steinbeck’s Of Mice and Men in my second year of high school. It’s a favorite of mine to this day.
6. Name three people who have been the biggest influences in my life?:
My mother, my grandfather and my high school music teacher.
7. In five words, how would I describe my personality:
Kind, passionate, caring, dedicated, knowledgeable.
8. In five words, describe my ideal future:
Cheerful, peaceful, optimistic, better films
9. Are there any common traits shared by my favorite characters?:
I’ve never really thought about that, but it’s an interesting question. I think the fictional character(s) I’m most similar to are the two lead characters from Mary and Max. That movie really struck a chord with me when I first saw it. Mary seemed to represent my childhood, while Max represented my adulthood.
10. If I could meet any three historical persons, who would they be and why?:
-Joan of Arc: A personal hero of mine. Strong women are cool.
-William Shakespeare: I’m a big Shakespeare fan, so I’d just be fangirling the whole time, but he deserves it.
-Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: I love Mozart’s music, but I chose him because he seems like such an interesting, eccentric character.
11. Name a time in my life when my life changed forever after:
It’s mildly personal, but I was diagnosed with Asperger syndrome 11 years ago. It didn’t exactly change my life, but it was revelatory, but it’s certainly changed my way of thinking and, ultimately, gave me some peace of mind.
My 11 questions:
1. What was your favorite childhood toy?
2. What was the first film you loved?
3. What is your all-time favorite novel?
4. What is the strangest film you’ve ever seen?
5. What is your favorite food?
6. When you were a kid, what was your dream job?
7. Who is your favorite musician or band?
8. Name your top 3 favorite fictional characters?
9. Are there any films that you feel gets better with each new viewing?
10. Do you have any pets?
11. What was the last film you watched and what did you think of it?
I’ll tag anybody who wants to do this.